YouthMAX gives John Maxwell Team members an opportunity to serve youth and youth organizations in their communities by helping youth grow and develop to meet the challenges of life in today's changing world.
YouthMAX is focused on four key topics: Stand Up & Be Counted (Stop Bullying), Learning to Fail Forward to Success, Developing a Positive Self-Image and Developing a Strong Personal Character.
Stand Up & Be Counted
• 1 in 7 students in Grades K-12 is either a bully or a victim of bullying.
• 1 out of every 10 students who drops out of school does so because of repeated bullying.
YouthMAX will help equip youth to take responsibility, to help others, and be a hero by righting a wrong.
YouthMAX will equip youth to stand up, lift up and pick up others.
Learning to Fail Forward to Success
• Most teens believe that all failure is bad and should be avoided. In fact, failing is the most important part of success.
• Those who fear failure will not take the steps to fail forward.
YouthMAX will provide youth with facts about failure, how to fail correctly and how to move forward to success after failure.
Developing a Positive Self Image
• Positive self-image can be the greatest determining factor in success.
• Positive self-image does not begin with what we do or what we have, it begins with who we are and who we think we are.
• Positive self-esteem helps teens cope with emotional stress; this correlates with success in later life.
• Confidence and the willingness to try new challenges can lead teens to greater academic success, earning scholarships and/or receiving other learning opportunities.
YouthMAX will help youth understand the importance of self-image.
YouthMAX will offer ways to develop a positive self-image through self-respect.
Developing Strong Personal Character
A survey released by the Josephson Institute of Ethics on the values and ethical actions of high school students shows:
A majority of students admitted cheating on a test, with many doing it more than two times.
Students even confessed they lied on some of the survey questions, which the Josephson Institute said is typically an attempt to conceal misconduct.
YouthMAX will equip youth to form/build character by aligning values, thoughts, feelings, and actions to help ensure victories in their lives, both now and in the future.
YouthMAX will reinforce the thought process that developing good character traits is the best insurance for handling difficult day’s in the future through determination rather than discouragement.
iChoose Youth Value Program, YouthMAX Youth Leadership Curriculum
iChoose: NEW YOUTH VALUES PROGRAM DEVELOPED BY JOHN MAXWELL. Funded by the JOHN MAXWELL LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION
iChoose was designed to provide students with an environment for leadership values to be introduced, practiced, and shared.
This program is comprised of 16 lessons spread out over four units with the goal of helping teenagers learn leadership values and teaching them how to apply them to their own lives from leadership expert John C. Maxwell.
John C. Maxwell has partnered with educational institutions around the world to produce this program and reverse the negative portrayal of leadership. This program offers a desirable portrait of leadership based on values that can be applicable to a student’s life — values that teenagers can admire, implement, and choose to aspire to for a more positive and sustained style of leadership.
THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN DESIGNED TO HELP STUDENTS ACCOMPLISH FIVE GOALS:
1. Identify with the 16 values of leadership
2. Take ownership of their choices
3. Practice leadership values and develop those skills
4. Evaluate themselves with their applied knowledge
5. Take turns guiding small group discussions